Saturday, September 14, 2013

Ambitions


At FKC we have many ambitious students. We always encourage them to think about their future and how they can shape it. Quite often they will have to save after completing their secondary education in order to pay for their university education, which is why quite often students have more than one idea for their future careers. We are starting a number of vocational training courses to try and give our students a step up, and provide them with real experience that can help them in their job search.

Here is what one of our students says about their ambitions:

Pha Sany - Female - 13

In the future I will be a tour guide because my father tells me that a tour guide is a good job. You can find money to help my family. When I am a student I should learn English and learn how to be a tour guide so I can speak with tourists very well. A tour guide is a good job for me. I would take tourists to the restaurant so that they could eat traditional Khmer food. I would take them to Angkor Wat Temple because it is a good place and the tourists want to see Angkor Wat Temple too.

In the future I will be a nurse because my grandmother tells me when she’s hurt she has me. I can earn money to help my family and I can help people in Cambodia. This is a good job for me. When I am a student I should student all subjects such as Khmer, Maths, English, Korean and Tour guide so in the future I can be a nurse. I can help people in Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment